Putting the magic in the machine since 1980.
Thursday, December 7, 2006
Thursday, November 30, 2006
- Hrishikesh Goradia. Towards B2B Automation Via Coalition Formation Among Service Agents. In Proceedings of the IBM PhD Symposium at the Fourth International Conference on Service Oriented Computing, p. 43--48, 2006.
Tuesday, September 5, 2006
Saturday, August 19, 2006
I have a couple of programming projects which are a great way to get started learning about multiagent systems and would look great in your resume. Note that these are not paid positions, but you could get credit for them as a directed study if you want. Graduate students might also be interested as a way to get a flavor of what we do.
- I am writing a multiagent systems' textbook which includes a lot of sample programs written in NetLogo. I already have a some programs but I need a bunch more. If you are interested in writing some, let me know. NetLogo is easy to learn and tons of fun to use. It is an agent-based modeling language that can be used in a surprinsingly large set of domain areas such as physics, economics, sociology, chemistry, biology, and many others.
- I am interested in developing an Ajax social bookmarking application for academic publications, like citeulike but with support for ontologies and automated recommendations.
- I am also interested in developing an Ajax system for distributed combinatorial auctions using some of the algorithms we have developed--available from my list of publications.
Friday, June 30, 2006
Thursday, May 11, 2006
- Hong Jiang and José M. Vidal. From Rational to Emotional Agents. In Proceedings of the AAAI Workshop on Cognitive Modeling and Agent-based Social Simulation, 2006.
- José M. Vidal. Multiagent Coordination Using a Distributed Combinatorial Auction. In AAAI Workshop on Auction Mechanism for Robot Coordination, July; 2006.
Saturday, April 15, 2006
- Muralidhar V. Narumanchi and José M. Vidal. Algorithms for Distributed Winner Determination In Combinatorial Auctions. In LNAI volume of AMEC/TADA, Springer. 2006
- Hong Jiang, José M. Vidal, and Michael N. Huhns. Incorporating Emotions into Automated Negotiation. In Proceedings of the Agent Construction and Emotions Workshop, 2006
Also, we have new models in our MAS NetLogo models page and our MAS Reading Group has been very busy this Spring, drop by if you are interested.